Alpine’s all-new R-Series speakers have gained significant engineering refinements that substantially improve sonic performance of their predecessors. The result is incredible clarity across the bandwidth, providing clearer and more defined vocals, as well as precisely detailed highs and improved bass response. Beyond their modest aesthetic upgrades, Alpine’s efforts were concentrated on re-engineering the motor and circuit design, crafting a performance speaker system that offers exceptional sound and resolution, well-exceeding their peers.
The R-Series speakers and subwoofers have taken a huge leap forward delivering superb sound quality from deep bass to high trebles, while the High Amplitude Multi-Roll HAMR surround allows a maximum, linear cone excursion for high SPL, while maintaining full control over the diaphragm at any excursion stage for high sound clarity.
Painstaking engineering, coupled with decades of expertise in high-end speaker design, Alpine’s all-new R-Series continues its unrivalled reputation in benchmark performance and sound quality in the affordable price category.
- Tweeter Type: 1” (2.5cm) Ring Radiator Tweeter
- Voice Coil Type: Dual Gap for optimum linearity and clarity
- Magnet Material: Neodymium Magnet
- Swivel Application allowing the sound to be focused for the best in-car sound performance
- Cone Material: Hybrid Multi Layer Cone
- Motor Technology: Linear Drive Technology
- Surround: HAMR Surround
- Voice Coil Type: Dual Gap Voice Coil for optimum linearity and clarity
- Magnet: Ultra High Density Neodymium Magnet
- DX Ring: DX Ring
- Wave Guide: Wave Guide
- Mounting: Shallow Mounting Design
- Mounting Adapters: Mounting Adapter Kit Included
- Design: Bi-Amp Ready Design
- Peak Power Handling: 300W
- RMS Power Handling: 100W
- Nominal Impedance: 4ohms
- Frequency Response: 65Hz-29kHz
- In-Line High Quality Crossover
- Swivel Tweeters
- Neodymium Magnet
- Multi-layer Hybrid Cone
- Dual Gap Voice Coil
- All-New Design Circuit for Precision Response
- Woofer Diameter (mm): 160mm x 240mm
Woofer Diameter (in): 6″ x 9″
Woofer Mounting Diameter (mm): 167mm
Woofer Mounting Diameter (in): 6-19/32″
Woofer Mounting Depth (mm): 75mm
Woofer Mounting Depth (in): 3″
Impressively Powerful Bass
The High Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) surround allows a maximum, linear cone excursion for high SPL, while maintaining full control over the diaphragm at any excursion stage for high sound clarity.
Superb Sound Quality
The all-new voice coil is made of Aluminium, compared to the regular copper wire coils. The benefit is higher clarity especially in the mid-high frequency area.
Compact for Easy Installation
Thanks to a powerful, compact neodymium magnet, small network and slim basket, the Type-R speakers are much more compact than you would expect, allowing installation in the doors of a wide range of vehicles.
Both component and coaxial Type-R speakers feature a Ring tweeter that swivels to improve off-axis response in less-than-ideal locations. You can aim it by hand for best imaging and staging at your listening position.
Compact Network Design
The crossover network is 75% smaller than previous types, for easier installation in door panels. It provides four levels of tweeter adjustment so you can achieve best balance between tweeter and woofer.